Air Conditioning Service & Maintenance from Greater Astoria and the North Coast's HVAC Specialists
Stay ahead of the heat. The best time to have your air conditioning system serviced is before the cooling season begins or before any problems develop.
Our AC experts can help keep your comfort level high & cooling costs low
Your air conditioning system is designed to provide you with many years of comfort, but neglecting regular maintenance can lead to expensive problems and a decline in the performance of your air conditioner.
It’s smart to schedule AC system service before the hot weather begins, or before you detect any problems with your air conditioning system.
Our experienced HVAC technicians at P&L Johnson Mechanical, Inc are licensed and certified to service all air conditioner makes and models.
Don't wait to have your cooling system serviced
Free Estimate Today!
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for an air conditioning tune-up. We serve customers in Astoria, Seaside, Warrenton, Forest Grove, Saint Helens and many areas of Oregon and Washington.
Our air conditioner maintenance checklist
Here's what you can expect from our technicians during a service appointment:
- Check refrigerant levels and test for leaks.
- Find and seal leaks in ductwork.
- Measure airflow through evaporator coil.
- Inspect electrical wires, clean terminals and tighten connections if necessary.
- Check belts for wear and tighten or replace if necessary.
- Oil air conditioner motors.
- Check thermostat sensor.
Cleaning is critical to maintaining your air conditioner
Many of the problems that occur with central air conditioning systems are due to dirt, dust and debris. When you call in an HVAC technician to perform basic maintenance on your system, the tech will pay attention to certain parts of your system that get dirty over time. For example:
- Air filter replacement. Forced-air heating and cooling systems rely on air filters to remove dust, pollen and other particulates from the air so that they don’t form dirt deposits on the evaporator coil or get circulated throughout the house. Each air handler unit in your forced-air system will have its own air filter. Some HVAC system air filters are reusable, while others must be replaced when they get dirty. Your HVAC contractor can tell you which type of filter you have, confirm that the correct size is being used, and show you how to replace or clean the filter.
- Coil cleaning. A central air conditioning system has an evaporator coil located inside each air handler, and a condenser coil located outdoors. Each coil contains a long, serpentine run of copper tubing, covered by aluminum fins that promote good heat exchange. Dirt that collects on coils and fins can reduce your system’s cooling capacity by 30%, forcing your AC system to work longer and harder. Because AC coils are tricky to clean (and prone to damage), it’s best to have this part of your system professionally cleaned.
- Condensate drain cleaning & clearing. In addition to cooling your interior air, your AC system also removes excess humidity from the air. Water condenses out of the air and needs to drain outside or to an interior drain. Part of regular AC system service should include cleaning the condensate drain and making sure there are no clogs or obstructions that might cause backups.
Trust a professional to service your system, call us
If your air conditioner requires more than just the regular maintenance, P&L Johnson Mechanical, Inc has a team of certified service technicians who can help. Our experts will inspect your air conditioning system and fix any issues before they become costly problems.
Call us at 1-855-219-8307 to set up an appointment or get an online quote today! We provide air conditioning maintenance and services to residents of Saint Helens, Warrenton, Astoria, Seaside, Forest Grove, Longbeach, Long Beach, North Plains, Banks, Cornelius, Rainier, Gaston and nearby.